In accordance with the Cabinet Conclusion [CP(98)45] of 15/07/1998, only the following categories of persons and their spouses are eligible to hold Diplomatic Passports: –
- The Head of State
- The Vice President
- The Speaker of Parliament
- The Chief Justice
- All Cabinet Ministers and Deputy Ministers
- All Head of Institutions approved by H.E The President
- All Representatives of Sierra Leone Abroad viz:
- Ambassadors, High Commissioners and Diplomatic Staff including Special Envoys in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic relations of 1961.
Sierra Leone Immigration Department
The Sierra Leone Immigration Department (SLID) is the government department with responsibility for regulating immigration into Sierra Leone as well issue passports and other travelling documents to Sierra Leoneans.